bug report & feature request: hostextinfo problems

Christoph Maser maser at financial.com
Thu Jun 12 08:05:07 CEST 2003

John Arley Burns wrote:
> I think what you want to do is put a "hostgroup" entry in your
> hostextinfo definition and then setup a "hostgroup" with your host
> list.  Does hostextinfo support hostgroups?  If not, perhaps it should.
>
> Another generic gripe: hostgroups should be inheritable: I should be
> able to have a hostgroup of hostgroups ad infinatum.  This helps reduce
> the size of the config files when I have several hostgroups.

i don't think this is the best solution, since totally different host
types might be grouped in a hostgroup. you might end up with 2
hostgroups for each machine. one for logical groups and and for similar
host types. doesnt sound very good to me.

chris

--
financial.com AG
Maria-Probst-Straße 19               Tel.: ++49(0)89/318528-44