Small problem with configfile dirs on XFS on Linux

Marco van Wieringen mvw at planets.elm.net
Tue May 11 21:15:08 CEST 2004

Hi,

I was having some interesting problems today with one
of the latest CVS snapshot running on a Linux system with
XFS filesystems. The code in xodtemplate.c find out that
Linux supports Linux has _DIRENT_HAVE_D_TYPE but on XFS
the d_type is set to DT_UNKNOWN which means one should use
stat to figure out what type of file it really is. After
finding out this frustrating bug I went out and did a
quick and dirty patch. Attached is the patch which works
around the DT_UNKNOWN value and fixed my problems on XFS
filesystems with configfile directories.

Marco van Wieringen
ELM Consultancy B.V.