event broker modules and threads

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Thu Sep 16 23:15:35 CEST 2004

So I'm looking at using nagios' event broker to reintroduce postgres to
nagios. After looking over the code for all of an hour, it appears that
all eventbroker callbacks are made from the same thread. Is that correct?

This is important to me, because if multiple threads will be calling my
neb module, I'm going to have to pool my database connections. While I
have code that does just that, it depends heavily on glib, and it seems
that nagios shuns glib.

(On a side note, why doesn't nagios use glib? Yes, I know that's another
dependancy, but in my experience the benefits are more than worth it.)