dependencies on nrpe in nagios

oystein.bleie at aftenposten.no oystein.bleie at aftenposten.no
Wed Apr 19 09:02:31 CEST 2006

Hi again -

There seems to me to be a "bug" in nagios v1.x (and possibly in v2.x) -

We run passive checks of hundreds of hosts in several dmz's

If for some reason nagios loses contact with a server - network error f.x. - we get a huge amount of CRITICAL-messages from nagios. One for each service defined actually on the host in question.

It would be a lot better for nagios to - by default - let all services depend upon a successful check of nrpe.

If checking nrpe is ok - do the rest of the checks

Otherwise don't - and issue a message indicating nrpe-check failed.

Mvh

Øystein Carlson Bleie

Systemadministrator Unix/Linux

oystein.bleie at aftenposten.no