Buggy debug output from nrpe since 2.1

Gerhard Lausser Gerhard.Lausser at consol.de
Tue Feb 21 17:45:07 CET 2006

Hi,

if you set debug=1 in the nrpe.cfg, you will find garbage in your syslog
like this:
Feb 20 01:37:43 localhost nrpe[32333]: Connection from \210\xf1^D^H^X
\202\xbf0\xab\xf1\xb7 closed.
With the introduction of tcp_wrapper support, two lines were forgotten,
where the IP of a connecting host was stored in a string. This uninitialized
string is then later used for the "connection closed" message.
You can download the patch at
http://people.consol.de/~lausser/nagios/nrpe-2.3-connecting-host.patch
BTW..i really miss the allowed_hosts option. We have separate teams for
nagios and the operating systems themselves and i liked the possibility to
control access to nrpe for myself, even without the strenght of
tcp_wrappers. Now have to beg another team to setup the files and make then
entries.
Couldn't we have the old mechanism at leat as a fallback, if nrpe was
compiled without tcp_wrapper support? I will gladly create a patch if there
is enough interest.

Greetings from munich,
Gerhard