read retention flapping notifications

Hiren Patel hir3npatel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 22:26:07 CEST 2009

Ethan Galstad wrote:
> Hiren Patel wrote:
>> wondering if this diff is valid, if not, I don't see the purpose of the
>> "if" condition in this case. if retention data is read only once at
>> start up before any checks take place, I'm wondering why we check for
>> flapping and not just go with what was in retention data. anyway, if the
>> host/service was not flapping and is calculated to be flapping, I think
>> notifications should be allowed, which is what the diff should change.
>> any advice appreciated.
>> thanks.

although this is approved, just for reference, I had gotten a chance to
test this patch as I agreed to.
the info I was meant to supply is:
on start up, nagios reads retention data, in this process it calculates
from state history if the service is flapping, if the service is
calculated to be flapping, and according to retention data this service
was not flapping, a notification is sent out. if the service is
calculated to be flapping, and according to the retention data this
service was already flapping, a notification is not sent.
previous behavior didn't send a notification at any condition, this
behavior was changed.

server and web deployment.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects