Nagios Core 3.5.0rc1

eponymous alias eponymousalias at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 01:49:43 CET 2013

I have two simple requests for the 3.5.0 release.

* Since the Nagios developers adopted some tool-enforced coding
  standards a few releases ago, those tools should be run before
  every new release, to bring all recent changes up to the
  claimed standards.  In the nagios-3.5.0rc1.tar.gz release,
  running the indent-all.sh script yields 77 files Unchanged
  (which is what we want), but 20 files Formatted (out of spec
  with regard to the coding standards).  Please run this before
  issuing the final 3.5.0 release.

* I would much prefer that the tarball unroll into a directory
  named with the release level, such as nagios-3.5.0rc1/ or
  nagios-3.5.0/ (for the final release), instead of a plain
  nagios/ directory.  This makes it a lot easier to deal with
  multiple releases unrolled in parallel, which we often want
  in order to compare versions.  This convention used to be
  followed in older releases, at least through the nagios-3.2.3
  release.  Yes, of course, I can rename the directory myself,
  but this convention is a lot cleaner (and followed by many if
  not most other projects).