check_nt and output

Casey Stamper CStamper at pivot.com
Wed Aug 21 19:10:46 CEST 2002

When I use the following command in services.cfg:

# Service definition
define service{
  use       generic-service   ; Name of service template to use

  host_name     ohpiv1tigq04
  service_description   ntdiskc
  is_volatile     0
  check_period      24x7
  max_check_attempts    3
  normal_check_interval   5
  retry_check_interval    1
  contact_groups      nt-admins
  notification_interval   120
  notification_period   24x7
  notification_options    w,u,c,r
  check_command     check_nt_disk!c!80!90
  }

taken from the commands.cfg line:

command[check_nt_disk]=$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 -v
USEDDISKSPACE -l $ARG1$ -w $ARG2$ -c $ARG3$

I get the following output in the web interface and at the command line:

c:\ - total: 3.96 Gb - used: 3.19 Gb (81%) - free 0.77 Gb (19%)

but when using this command in miscommands.cfg:

# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
  command_name  notify-by-email
  command_line  /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n$SERVICEDESC$\n$HOSTALIAS$\n$SERVICESTATE$\n$SHORTDATET
IME$\n$OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$-
$HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
  }

my notification email looks like this:

PROBLEM
ntdiskc
ohpiv1tigaq04
WARNING
08-21-2002 09:52:23
c:

As you can see, all test after the "\" character is cut off. I know that's
because the "\" character needs a delimiter but I've tried putting  the
delimiter in the notify-by-email command definition in several different
places but it didn't work. Anybody?

Casey Stamper
A+, MCP+I, MCSE
Senior Network Engineer

Pivot/Info-One
400 Lazelle Rd, Suite 16
Columbus, OH 43240
614.825.5831
614.825.5844 Fax

Note: This transmission may not be protected by encryption software, though
the information contained herein may be privileged and confidential and
protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
are receiving this communication in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you for
your cooperation.