Network Badnwidth utilization question

Fred Albrecht Fred.Albrecht at za.tiscali.com
Mon Aug 25 16:01:42 CEST 2003

--------------------------------------
   Please visit www.tiscali.co.za
--------------------------------------
Hi

I'm using RTG to get my interface stats out of the routers and into a DB.  I then use RTG's graphing tools to draw my bandwidth graphs (which is very fast).  No MRTG/APAN/CRICKET needed.  Also linked the graphs onto my nagios pages using the extended info config files.

Part of the info I pull out of the router is the bandwidth statement (which I assume my network guys keep up to date when they change an interfaces BW).  Nagios then uses a custom check to compare the current traffic with it's bandwidth and logs if it reaches my specified thresholds.  Easy. ;)

fred