Empty Directories after "make install"

Victor Biro vabiro at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 06:47:05 CET 2003

Hi,

I have just attempted to compile and install Nagios on my recent installation
of RH 8.0, and I'm having a rather odd outcome, that I don't see in the FAQs or
list archives.

To configure I run the command:
./configure --prefix= /usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
--with-htmurl=/nagios/ --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-grp=nagios

The first line is a warning
configure: warning: /usr/local/nagios: invalid host type

everything else 'seems' to go ok.

However after the various make install* commands nothing seems to have been
coppied to the /usr/local/nagios directory.

I have done a chmod 777 for the /usr/local/nagios directory, just to see if it
would make any difference. No good either.

Any thoughts on what could be happening?

Thanks in advance,
Victor