New Nagios and DB Functionality

Kreig Dubose KreigD at webex.com
Thu Jan 9 13:22:02 CET 2003

I've been tasked with ressurecting Nagios.  Unfortunately for me my mgr
would like it to incorporate either MySQL or PostGreSQL.  I have very little
DB experience aside from an antiquated PL/SQL class years ago.  In reading
the archives I can see plusses and minuses for incorporating DB
functionality but what with it going away from the main code and my
inexperience I'm looking for other opinions.  Fail-over and redundancy are
important issues for this install.  Is that going to only be available with
a DB ?

TIA