Configure outcome - help please.

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Wed Jan 29 14:38:39 CET 2003

A configure script simply probes the system it's running on for various components that may or may not be present. During the configure process for most, if not all packages, you should not expect every check to return a 'yes' as that check may not be appropriate for your OS/architecture. This is especially true for programs that are designed to be compiled under multiple operating systems. The three items you list below are not unusual for a Linux based system. Going forward with your use of Linux, unless you see very loud errors from configure, you should at least go through the 'make' stage of program compilation before assuming something terrible has gone wrong. Generally speaking, if there's something you need that you don't have, the make will fail loudly with appropriate errors.

--
Marc