Newbie questions

Lam Eric e2lam at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 07:09:23 CEST 2003

1) CGI authentication problem

If I turn on the use_authentication=1, then I can't
see the service detail page or hosts detail page. It
returns message: "It appears as through you do not
have permissions to view info for any of the services
you requested..". I checked all the cgi-bin configs in
httpd.conf and they are matching the entries suggested
in Doc. I tried running apache with either
nobody:nobody and nagois:nagios, same result. On the
other hand, I start nagios with nagios:nagios in both
cases. Is there anything else I can check. I also
installed nagios with the nagios user and group. If I
disable authentication, I see all pages.

2) I got "Invalid HTTP response from host on port
443"?

I added another entry in checkcommands.cfg with the
check_https definition, what it does is "check_http -H
$HOSTADDRESS$ -p 443". Is this done properly? I'm
checking a customized jakarta server that serves PS2
clients, it does not serve web pages. There is nothing
wrong with the service. It's serving PS2 clients
properly.

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S. If you would, please respond back to this email
address.

Eric.