Orphaned checks kill Nagios

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Mon Jul 21 20:02:19 CEST 2003

Hello,

I am seeing a problem with Nagios wherin enabling
check_for_orphaned_services causes the list of nagios procs to grow
uncontrollably until the box dies.

When the orphaned services check is enabled, hundreds of warnings will
appear that indicate that Nagios is rescheduling checks for orphaned
services. It would appear that enabled the check for orhphaned services
does not respect the max_concurrent_checks setting. Is this the desired
behavior?

I am primarily using NRPE to do remote checks, we have about 600 checks
done this way.

Has anybody else seen this behavior or can anybody comment on possible
fixes?

-mp