nagios and redhat 2.4.20

bill lewis william.l.lewis at usa.net
Fri Jul 25 16:26:00 CEST 2003

We recently upgraded a server from redhat 2.4.18-3 to 2.4.20-13.7.  When the
server came up, everything appeared to work ok, although Nagios would not
start.  I verified that the command file and lock files were all cleaned up.

It appeared to start the initial process but be unable to thread anything.
The parent process is evident (tho daemonchk does not recognize that as being
"up") but nothing else is happening.  nrpe checks occur but nothing else.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Bill Lewis

-----
William L. Lewis