Error when Compiling Nagios 1.0

Anthony & Terri Schutzler truckfund at insightbb.com
Sat May 3 17:01:49 CEST 2003

Hello, I had Nagios 1.0b4 installed with no problems until the servers
hard drive failed. I rebuilt the server with dual mirrored drives and am
trying to reinstalled Nagios using version 1.0 on a Redhat 8.0 box. I
receive a error during the compile of the CGI's. I have tried Beta 4 and 6
with the same problems. I have the following libaries installed or Nagios
to work.

Zlib 1.1.3
Freetype 2.1.4
GD Lib 2.0.12
Libpng 1.2.5
Jpeg 6B

The above module will compile and install with no problems. GD Lib will
show support for JPEG, PNG, and Freetype. I run configure, and make all
hfor Nagios, but "Make all" will error out with the following. (I have
only listed the CGI being complile that has the error.)

gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DNSCGI  statusmap.c getcgi.o cgiutils.o auth.o
popen.o  ../common/objects.c ../xdata/xodtemplate.c ../common/statusdata.c
../xdata/xsddefault.c -lgd -lz -lm -lpng edata.o ../xdata/xedtemplate.c -o
statusmap.cgi
/tmp/ccOMWesD.o: In function `load_image_from_file':
/home/anthony/nagios/nagios-1.0/cgi/statusmap.c:2222: undefined reference
to `gdImageCreateFromJpeg'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [statusmap.cgi] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/anthony/nagios/nagios-1.0/cgi'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root at linux1 nagios-1.0]#

Any ideas? Thanks Anthony