Passive servicecheck on NT

Ralf Mellis testrm at kisters.com
Thu May 8 18:07:33 CEST 2003

Tom DE BLENDE wrote:
> Please find attached a sample script in VBS that does just that (I use
> this to check the logon status of a Citrix server). Basically you just
> run your vbs script locally and jam the result into the external command
> file on the Nagios box using a command line SSH client.

Hey, that's great. Since I have a lot of windows servers to monitor and
only some linux and other unix boxes, I'm searching for a possibility to
extend the checks available via nsclient.

Since I'm using nagios yet not for a long time (I think it was two weeks
ago, when I decided to use it, before I have tested out such things like
BigBrother / BigSister and so) I'm not so familiar with external
commands and passive checks. In contrast to this fact I am very familiar
with wsh and registry contents...(and putty).

So there now is a wide playground which opens up uncountable
possibilities :-)).

My question: Could you please provide us with the services and command
definitions for the nagios host which are correlated to the citrix wsh
script?

It would be nice...and would reduce my time efforts to manage my windows
servers completely.

Regards

--
Ralf Mellis