check_disk check_proc on remote hosts

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Mon May 19 19:03:00 CEST 2003

claudio wrote:
> Hi,
> I think that check_host and check_proc can be used only to monitor local
> disks, is it true?
> How can I monitor the disk and the procs of other hosts?
> Do I have to write a script that does it!
>
> Thank you for helpig me

check_by_ssh

Works great!

Example:
# 'check_disk_ssh' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_disk_ssh
         command_line    $USER1$/check_by_ssh -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -C
'./check_disk -w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$'
         }

(line wrapping might be wrong..sorry)

Nagios SSH's into another machine and runs the plugin and reports back.
Simple!