scheduled downtime

Anthony Brock anthony_brock at ous.edu
Thu Sep 11 16:43:56 CEST 2003

I modified one of the scripts included with the  Nagios distribution. Under 'nagios-1.1/contrib/eventhandlers' there are several shell scripts to accomplish this task. In my case, I modified the 'disable_notifications' script for my purposes and then added the appropriate crontab entries.

Not ideal, but it works. Also, you should read the documentation concerning "External Commands" for details. It can be found at http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/extcommands.html

Tony

>>> Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> 09/10/03 12:23PM >>>

    Dylan> I read in the FAQs there is no way to schedule reoccurring
    Dylan> downtime within Nagios but to use cron to submit the command
    Dylan> instead. Is anybody doing this? Can somebody help me with what
    Dylan> the command is I need to submit to cron?

Something suggested to me (which I have yet to try) was to define a
timeperiod object which doesn't include the scheduled downtime.  That
probably won't work if your scheduled downtimes are not every week.

I don't know if there's a command-line tool which will schedule downtime for
you.  You should be able to figure out a URL which does the necessary form
submission for the host in question using the existing submission form.  You
can then fetch that URL using wget or other command-line URL fetcher.

--
Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/