Nagios on OpenBSD with chroot Apache

Jason Hunt jhunt at advcs.ca
Wed Dec 29 03:27:40 CET 2004

Hello All,

I'm trying to use Nagios on OpenBSD 3.6 with the default chroot'd Apache, but the CGI's are
giving me an "Internal Server Error" and the Apache logs say "Premature end of script headers".

I searched the archives and read a suggestion to compile Nagios with static libraries, since
the CGI's can't access them from within the chroot.  I set "CC=gcc -static" in the Makefile and did a "make clean/re-configure/make all/make install", but the same thing occurrs.

I used "/var/www/nagios" as the configure prefix and the permissions all appear to be setup correctly with the user/group "nagios".  The daemon runs fine.  Apache is configured like so:

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/var/www/nagios/sbin"
<Directory "/var/www/nagios/sbin">
    Options ExecCGI
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /nagios "/var/www/nagios/share"
<Directory "/var/www/nagios/share">
    Options None
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

Does anyone have any suggetsions on what else can I do to try and figure this out?  Thanks.