file existence check

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 8 00:55:30 CEST 2004

Hey guys,

I would like to monitor if a file gets uploaded successfully by our customer
every night at 10pm. Filename syntax is Upload_Daily_20040707.txt.
Programatically, I can extract the current date in my nagios system and have
the date get appended to the syntax. So if file exists after 10pm check, it
becomes OK. If not, it will remain RED. My concern is that after 12midnight,
it won't be checked anymore because date will change. But I can create 2
checks, one for today and the other one for yesterday.

I would like to know guys how you would implement it and what you think
about my approach.

Thanks.

Neil