long latency issues

Wheeler, MG MG at ev3.net
Wed Jul 14 16:00:02 CEST 2004

I would think that you would want to create a new check_ping_sat in checkcommands.cfg where you would use check_ping with the -t  'timeout' option and set it as high as you would need it. Granted I haven't tested this yet myself and should for our slow VPN links but I'm sure with tweaking you can get it to work for yourself.

If that's not enough detail let me know and I can get into it more for you. Remember that you can go to the %nagiosinstalldir%/etc and type:
./check_ping -h            for all the help you will need with formatting this and running it from the command line for testing.

MG Wheeler
Senior Systems Engineer
ev3