Citrix and nsclient

Patrick Stockton codejnki at codejnki.com
Fri Jul 23 16:29:10 CEST 2004

On the NSclient support forums it's been documented that the client will occasionally crash.
http://support.tsmgsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?t=261

I've noticed the client will occasionally stop to requests but haven't had it happen often enough to
try and figure out a pattern.  One way to tell if the client has stopped responding to requests is
to try and stop the service.  If the service fails to stop and kill the process then you know the
client has crashed.

A reboot will fix the problem but if a reboot isn't possible use the pskill utility to kill the
actual process id (much like UNIX kill):
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pstools.shtml

Our Citrix servers reboot every night so the nsclient has never had an oprotunity to run longer than
24 hours so I'm still trying to figure out exactly what conditions are needed to cause the client to
crash.

patrick