Still having problems with new install on FC2

Dan Spray danslists at conpoint.com
Wed Oct 27 16:09:32 CEST 2004

Hello all,

I have been running Nagios 1.2 on a RH 7.3 machine since it came out with no
problems to speak of.  I am in the process of phasing this server out and
have loaded another machine with Fedora Core 2.  I have compiled and
installed nagios 1.2 on this new machine and just moved over my /etc folder.
Nagios checks out fine and starts/runs just fine.  However, I noticed that
pings are not reporting correctly.  While the old server is not reporting
any errors at all the new server will have 10-20 services that are flapping.
When I ping the same service from the command line of the new machine I am
able to ping things just fine.  Is there a problem with Fedora Core 2 and
the Nagios call to Ping?  It appears to only be causing trouble when Nagios
initiates the ping.

I ran into a couple of problems trying the check_icmp that one of the users
sent so I really haven't tried that.  However, I feel that there is probably
something else wrong.  I have tried a couple of different versions of
plugins.  All do the same thing.  I tried compiling 1.4.0alpha1 but ran into
the following error:

In file included from /usr/include/mysql/mysql.h:57,

                 from check_mysql.c:25:

/usr/include/mysql/mysql_com.h:181: error: conflicting types for
`my_connect'

netutils.h:50: error: previous declaration of `my_connect'

make[2]: *** [check_mysql.o] Error 1

I was able to find an instance of this error on Google, however, there was
no resolution posted.

Thanks again for any help.

Dan

Dan Spray, Director of Internet Operations dan at conpoint.com
<BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::mailto:dan at conpoint.com>
Connecting Point Norfolk, NE <
<BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::BLOCKED::http://www.conpoint.com/>
http://www.conpoint.com/>
Voice - 402.844.2308 Fax - 402.371.4515

"The porcupine with the sharpest quills gets stuck on a tree more often."