Internal Server Error

Adam Doti adamdoti at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 08:26:26 CEST 2005

Ok so I did my homework prior to posting this message
and can't seem to find anybody who has had this exact
same problem surprisingly enough.

Anyway I am using Fedora Core 3, and have installed
Nagios Version 2.0b3. I am using this system for
nothing else at all. Only for Nagios.

I did Nagios install as root.

I followed the instructions to a tee! Spent whole day
dedicated to making sure I didn't miss a step. I also
used the GZIPed package and not the RPM package for
Nagios and the Nagios plugins.

My problem is I get the Nagios home page fine, and the
documentation page fine, but all other links down the
left side from "Tactical Overview" through "View
Config" all give me the following browser error…
(Actually there are a few pages that give me a CGI not
found error, but I figured I deal with those later….)

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
request.

Please contact the server administrator,
adamdoti at perculator.com and inform them of the time
the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in
the server error log.

And then in my Apache error.log I get the following
error...

[Date][error] [client IP] (13) Permission denied: exec
of '/usr/local/nagios/sbin/status.cgi' failed,
referrer: http://192.168.1.119/nagios/side.html

[Date][error] [client IP]  Premature end of script
headers: status.cgi, referer:
http://192.168.1.119/nagios/side.html

I have tried both with and without authentication flag
set.
I have tried with and without the default user name
options set.
And finally I have tried with setting auth on all
folders CGI and HTML via the .htaccess file.

I'm at a total loss. Any ideas?

-Adam