What is the guest user for?

km4hr at netscape.net km4hr at netscape.net
Wed Aug 24 17:43:44 CEST 2005

I assumed the purpose of the guest user was to provide all users view-only access to the nagios web pages. But it looks like guest has to log in and provide a password just like everybody else. If that's the case, then what is guest for? What's special about it? Do I not have something set up correctly?  Is there any way to allow everone to view the pages without logging in?
xyz

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.