Issue with check_disk when mounts exist on the server.

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Tue Feb 1 15:55:44 CET 2005

RH8 are the machines I am having problems with. I had set -x for a
mount.

For some reason I've had this reoccurring issue I've never been to able
to correct. It happens on RH8 and ES3 definitely.

I get 1kb free on a mount point. The mount point will actually be a full
mount point, and it looks like the df is listing 1kb free.. I have no
idea why. Heh.

I've just been -x'ing them for a lack of understanding. I wouldn't think
that would still be the problem with the -x, but it's giving a warning
with nothing the problem, so I have no idea.

I don't know what the df command is being used. I do not know how to
tell this.

I could strace the check_disk, but I do not understand the output too
well. I'm rather newbish.

This has happened several times before to me (over 100 machines, all
with mounts from other machines), and it always goes away for no
particular reason, however I need to get this taken care of as the faith
in Nagios is not high.

The mount is an nfs mount from an aix machine.

Reporting