multiple IPs for a host?

Eric Loyd loyd at cyber.kodak.com
Mon Jan 17 18:10:19 CET 2005

If your machines are consistently named BOX and BOX-MGT (or something
like that) you can teach your ping script to ping $HOSTADDRESS$-MGT,
which means you don't have to do anything other than add services to
BOX.  Or vice-versa.  Whatever is appropriate.

If your machines are not consistently named, you could make your
check-host-alive be a script which does a table lookup of some sort to
get the appropriate name to ping and continue on that way.

Nagios need never know there are two interfaces unless you want it to know
.

--
Eric Loyd
loyd at cyber.kodak.com