DNS plugin problem

Dan Hopkins dan.hopkins at uk.easynet.net
Tue Jan 25 12:42:58 CET 2005

<snip>

I doubt it's Skylar's choice to use nslookup - the problem is that the
standard Nagios DNS plugin is dreadful. It parses nslookup output, badly,
and will either work, display parsing errors, or even more fun just plain
segfault.

(this is the 1.3 plugin version, I'd hope it's been corrected in 1.4, but
I've not looked recently)

Dan