Equivalent to NSClient for nsca

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Jan 26 12:36:18 CET 2005

eltato_murcia-nagios at yahoo.es wrote:
> I am trying to configure a really large network with
> routers, firewalls, etc. To solve this problem I am
> planning to use nsca in order to able to receive
> passive checks at the nagios server.
>
> My problem is that I can't find any software to make
> the same function of NSClient: disk space left, mem
> usage, etc.
>
> I have googled for information about this but I have
> just found information how to monitorize linux systems
> using bash scripting and then calling the send_nsca.

Set up a second Nagios server and have it call send_nsca on every event
(global event handler) to submit passive check results upwards in the
hieararchy. I'm looking at a way to imlement it as a neb module, which
should simplify distributed and redundant configuration an awful lot,
really.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer