Nagios 2.03b and firefox.... :(

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 19 02:03:37 CEST 2005

>I have a very annouying problem, each time i press the rerfresh button
>in firefox,
>it reloads the index.html file. This results in the main window going
>back to the information
>saying "Welcome to nagios if you just installed.....".
>
>This problem does not appear with IE, and nagios 1.1 with firefox.

This is because you are refreshing the page, not the single frame, and is
the 'correct' behaviour (although, I agree, not what you want to happen in
this case).  Actually, I get this behaviour with MSIE as well, but you
probably avoid it because you have something cached or else IE is defaulting
to refresh the active frame?

Anyway, in Firefox, you can right-clik and select 'This frame/Reload' which
will just refresh the individual frame (and you can do the same in IE as
well).

Another possibility is to change the nagios/index.html page so that the
initial page goes to your preferred main window.

Steve