Outstanding SNMP_CPU issue on Nagios Monitoring Win2K Machines

Justin Piszcz jpiszcz at servervault.com
Fri Mar 11 14:20:58 CET 2005

I have 8 Identical Windows 2000 servers built at different times.

On three of the servers, I get the following error in Nagios Tactical
Monitoring:

Host Sort by host name (ascending)Sort by host name (descending)
Service Sort by service name (ascending)Sort by service name
(descending)       Status Sort by service status (ascending)Sort by
service status (descending)    Last Check Sort by last check time
(ascending)Sort by last check time (descending)      Duration Sort by
state duration (ascending)Sort by state duration time (descending)
Attempt Sort by current attempt (ascending)Sort by current attempt
(descending) Status Information
apapp11

SNMP_CPU

        UNKNOWN         2005-03-11 13:17:12     362d 10h 18m 52s
3/3     CPU usage not reported by agent [Microsoft:informant]
box06

SNMP_CPU

        UNKNOWN         2005-03-11 13:16:47     362d 10h 19m 13s
3/3     CPU usage not reported by agent [Microsoft:informant]
box07

I have tried many things including checking the registry settings,
Informant (SNMP) version and type.  The versions were identical.  The
SNMP settings in the Service Control Panel are also identical on both
machines.

Does anyone have any idea how to make this work or also have this issue?

I have asked before and said I would try the things mentioned above but
still, no luck...

Thanks.