monitoring workstation or laptop if sometimes is power off or isn't in network

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:39:22 CEST 2005

IF I understand your question? you are looking for a way to configure
a host so that its services will keep the last OK state when the host
is no longer available.

This would make schedule downtime not an option, because the checks
still run and would return non-OK states

If this host unavailable is always on a predetermined schedule then
you can use the check_period  and notification_period of the service
definition to reflect the downtime (I think this would work)

An alternate approach to this would be to use passive checks with
either a very large freshness_check_interval or with
check_service_freshness turned off.  there are disadvantages to doing
this due to frechness_check being global settings.
and it may make it difficult to detect when the host is really down.

good luck
TOny