** NEED HELP ** TRYING TO SOLVE THIS ERROR FOR 3 DAYS

Wasif Khan wasifkhan007 at msn.com
Thu May 12 04:03:25 CEST 2005

*Hi, All,

I am new to Nagios.  I have followed the documentation.  Installed Nagios on
Red Hat 7.0, IBM HTTP Apache Server.  After all configurations,
installations, I ran preflight as follows:-

./nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

It ran find and report 0 errors and 0 warnings.

I went to the website http://linuxtest/nagios/ and got main screen.  When I
click any link on the side (eg. View Config, Status etc..) I get the
following error.

Error: Could not open CGI config file './usr/local/nagios/etc/cgi.cfg' for
reading!

Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:

Make sure you've installed a CGI config file in its proper location. See the
error message about for details on where the CGI is expecting to find the
configuration file. A sample CGI configuration file (named cgi.cfg) can be
found in the sample-config/ subdirectory of the Nagios source code
distribution.
Make sure the user your web server is running as has permission to read the
CGI config file.

Make sure you read the documentation on installing and configuring Nagios
thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try sending a message to
one of the mailing lists. More information can be found at
http://www.nagios.org.

I am not sure what to do and where to look.  All CGI are in right directory.

Would really appreciate your help.