Sendpage doesn't work with nagios

Tao Yaoning yonienjcn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:15:30 CET 2005

Hi, all

I configured nagios 2.0b4 to monitor my network. It works very fine. So I
try to configure sendpage to send me pager information.
I installed sendpage on my nagios server, and I can use command to send
pager by manually.
/usr/bin/snpp -n -m "test information" testpager
and receive the message "test information"

I defined testpager information on sendpage.cf <http://sendpage.cf>, so here
I just use character alias "testpager" to instead my really pager number

So, I configure nagios contact information and set pager as "testpager",
notify command is notify-by-sendpage
notifi-by-sendpage looks like
/usr/bin/snpp -n -m "$SERVICEOUTPUT$\n$LONGDATE$" $CONTACTPAGER$

I think when nagios notify me with sendpage should use command like
/usr/bin/snpp -n -m "whatever information" testpager

But my nagios never send pager information out. I check the log files, I
seems nagios never run the command?
the permission of /usr/bin/snpp is 755

Anybody can give me some ideas?