nagios installation problem :(

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Nov 10 14:22:31 CET 2005

Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:
> hi all.
> 2-3 days ago i installed nagios for the first time.
> nagios main page & documentation page works fine on apache but i couldn't
> see any *.cgi pages on my server :(
> if i try to open anyone of them, o pop-up shows and asks me whether to open
> in plain text format or not :(

You need to make sure apache understands that cgi-files are supposed to
be executed and the output sent to the connecting client. See the apache
manual on how to do this, or follow the howto for the cgi's carefully.

> please help me doc files are not enough for me! this is cos of 2 reasons :
> first my english is not so good and second doc file is a bit sophisticated
> for me :) (have some problems in understanding. hard things take much time
> to be realized by my mind:p)

Sorry as I am that language is sometimes a barrier I think you'd be
better off by improving your english skills if you want to be able to
cope with most open source manuals. Some very large projects with
enormous userbases (apache, samba, php...) has translations for most
languages but the majority of the projects keep documentation in english
only.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se