NSCA Documentation

Demetri Mouratis dmourati at cm.math.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 4 03:46:38 CEST 2005

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Chris Caldwell wrote:

> Hopefully a simple question,
>
> Could someone please point me to some documentation on running NSCA on a
> remote host? I have built and installed NSCA with no problem and my remote
> host can talk to the master, but I am not sure where to go next. Can the
> normal nagios plugins run locally on the remote host with their output piped
> to NSCA? There is no documentation for NSCA with the module or on the
> NagiosExchange site.

Chris,

Check this out:

v2.0
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/distributed.html

v1.2

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/distributed.html

(Note, I'm not sure whether the v2.0 docs are any different, just playing
it safe.  I'm still on v1.2)

The gist of it is NSCA runs on the Central Nagios server and you use
send_nsca to transmit data from Distributed Nagios over to Central.

Hope that helps.
Demetri Mouratis
dmourati at linfactory.com