2.0b4 - Left hand nav pane dissapears and/or zero length common.css file?

masonwright at netscape.net masonwright at netscape.net
Sat Oct 29 17:44:05 CEST 2005

Hi, I have been running 1.2 for many years and have been very happy
with it.

I am not working on upgrading to 2, downloaded source for 2.0b4 and
successfully compiled on Solaris 8.

Everything appears to be working, however in the web UI whenever I
click on any link in the left hand frame, the entire browser window is
filled with content from the right hand frame and the left hand frame
goes missing. Looking in the apache logs, I see an error related to a
missing common.css file. when I check the directory which holds all of
the css files, I do see a common.css file but it is a zero length. I am
not very familiar with web content so I don't know if this is the root
of my issue. what I really want to fix is losing the left hand frame
since it is so integral to navigating the UI.

I've searched all the list archives for "common.css" but did not come
up with any reference to this issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Mason
Look What The New Netscape.com Can Do!
Now you can preview dozens of stories and have the ones you select
delivered to you without ever leaving the Top Home Page. And the new
Tool Box gives you one click access to local Movie times, Maps, White
Pages and more.  See for yourself at
http://netcenter.netscape.com/netcenter/