Check_http SSL compile

Pantke, Cale Pantke.C at insightcom.com
Wed Jan 18 22:54:21 CET 2006

I'm trying to get check_http to have SSL configured so that it will stop
telling me this.

"status:/usr/local/nagios/libexec# ./check_http -H 10.3.8.41 -S
check_http: Invalid option - SSL is not available"

So I tried to recompile all of the nagios plugins. I used the ./configure
command like this
"./configure --with-openssl=/usr/bin/openssl"

But at the end of the script, it tells you if it included SSL and it always
says no. I checked to see if openssl is there and it is. I can run it. I
also looked for a 'config.cache' file that everyone says to remove, but I
can't find one of those. I'm not sure what to do from here. Thanks for the
help.

Thanks,
Cale Pantke