Nagios 1.3 ignoring downtime

Jochen Billen jochen at smartbit.be
Fri Jun 2 09:43:25 CEST 2006

hello list,

I am using Nagios for almost 2 years now and never experienced any
problems.  The last days however Nagios a behaving rather strange and I
can't locate the problem.

When i schedule downtime for a specific service nagios accepts this and
shows the entry on the 'downtime' page.  But when I shut down the
service the notification is send nevertheless.

Another problem is that some notifications by e-mail are sent out twice.
Not only do I receive 2 identical e-mails, also Nagios' notification log
is reporting 2 notifications for the same alert with 3 minutes interval.

The last time Nagios' configuration was changed dates 2 months back and
the problems occur since past monday.  I'm running nagios 1.3 on debian
sarge.

Anybody an explanation for this behavior or experienced the same
problems?

Kind regards,
Jochen Billen