Host Notification Problem

Bill Kintz bkintz at smtp.aed.org
Thu Jun 29 14:38:22 CEST 2006

correct... "netops" is the contact used for both the service and host
check. Since the service alerts are being delivered successfully, that
tells me that the "netops" contact itself is functioning properly.

>>> Patrick Morris <patrick.morris at hp.com> 28-Jun-06 5:11:04 PM >>>
Notification command looks OK.  Are there e-mail addresses set up on
the
host contacts?

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Bill Kintz wrote:

> # 'netops' contact definition
> define contact{
>         contact_name                    netops
>         alias                           netops
>         service_notification_period     24x7
>         host_notification_period        24x7
>         service_notification_options    w,c,r
>         host_notification_options       d,r
>         service_notification_commands   notify-by-email
>         host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-email
>         email                           xxx at xxx.xxx
>         }
> - misccommands.cfg:
>
> # 'host-notify-by-email' command definition
> define command{
> 	command_name	host-notify-by-email
> 	command_line	/usr/bin/printf "%b" "Date/Time:
$LONGDATETIME\nInfo: $HOSTOUTPUT$\n" | /usr/bin/mail -s "$HOSTSTATE$
alert for $HOSTNAME$" $CONTACTEMAIL$
> 	}

[snip]

Notification command looks OK.  "netops" is listed as a contact on the
hosts and not just the services, right?