Multiple email alerts

James Marcus jmarcus at mvalent.com
Tue Nov 28 20:05:50 CET 2006

Hi,
I¹m using a $8.00/month Xen account to run Nagios to monitor 3 machines and
37 services.  My issue is that either the Xen machines network or the
network I host on gets slow and then I get 37 emails regarding downed
services.  I read the FAQ and thought that setting notification_interval to
0 would do the trick based on this link:
http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=71&expand=false&showdesc=false
Unfortunately I just got 28 emails for one machine.  I want to setup Nagios
so that if the machine is unreachable, then it should assume that none of
the services are reachable and it should only send out one alert.

Thanks,
James