Nagios w/ heartbeat + drbd ?

Jason Qualkenbush jqualkenbush at iso-ne.com
Tue Apr 10 17:43:52 CEST 2007

Anyone doing a failover cluster with heartbeat and drbd?  I have a
failover cluster working just fine.  The problem is that the failover
partner is in a different room so it's connected to different network
devices.  Nagios fails over just fine and continues monitoring when I
test failover (/etc/init.d/heartbeat stop).   I added in IPFail so the
cluster will failover if the primary node can't ping it's gateway
(switch failure).

The problem I have is having different config files on each node in the
cluster due to the different network devices depending on which node
nagios is running on.  The only solution I can come up with is to put
all the network devices in a non-drbd partition creating a parent path
that works depending on which nagios node is active.  It just bugs me
having to update two config files instead of just the one.

Is anyone else using nagios in a heartbeat/drbd setup?  What strategy
are you using in this kind of configuration?

--
-jq