Service escalation question

Matthew D. Baker matt at myacs.com
Thu Aug 16 22:03:21 CEST 2007

All,

In the process of setting up service escalations to have warning
notifications occur at a different frequency than critical
notifications.  With no service escalation defined, warning and critical
notifications occur at the same frequency and both work fine.  To test,
I picked one service that is currently in a warning state and defined a
service escalation for it.  The service escalation only affects warning
notifications for that service and does so for every warning
notification....and it's working great...for that service.  What's odd
is for the first 24-48 hours it worked great for that service and didn't
affect any other services.  Starting this morning, however, if I have
this service escalation defined (turned on), it works for the service I
set it up for, but causes all other services to not send any warning or
warning recovery notifications.  Critical and critical recovery
notifications continue to work fine.  I have tested this several times
now, and as soon as I remove the service escalation other warnings will
cause a notification to go out just fine.

I've stopped/restarted nagios as well as bounced the box with no change.
I've double checked the rest of my configs and nothing is changed from
what it's been for the last several weeks now.  Haven't been able to
turn up much when searching (yet).  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Matt