XML Document Content Matching

Tillotson, Jeff Jeff.Tillotson at KnowledgeStorm.com
Wed Dec 5 15:24:35 CET 2007

Hello everyone.  I am in the process of migrating all our monitoring to
a Nagios solution.  Ultimately this will make our lives easier but it is
a little cumbersome to migrate.  We have a lot being monitored.
Everything was going smoothly until I tried to implement our RSS
monitors in Nagios.

Our current check for our RSS feeds are in SiteScope 7.9.5.  SiteScope
had the ability to content match values in the XML document.  So I could
do a content check similar to:
xml.rss.[version]=2.0,xml.rss.[xmlns:dc]=http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1
/

Is there a plugin for Nagios that will do the same sort of content
check?  I have searched NagiosExchange to no success.  If necessary I
can make something work with check_http (or check_curl.php) or write a
plugin.

Jeff

PS: Sorry if this eventually posts to the list twice.  I initially
signed up for the mailing-list with the incorrect mail alias.
****DISCLAIMER
The information contained in this e-mail and attachments, if any, is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose the e-mail and its attachment, or any part of its content or take any action in reliance of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the message back to the sender by replying and then deleting it. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, and recommend that you subject these to your virus checking procedures prior to use.