nrpe compile problem on AIX

Martin Møller Pedersen traxplayer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 17:28:18 CET 2007

Hi,
  nrpe wouldn't compile on my 5.2 AIX box.It looks like a linker problem ?!

Anyway help if very very welcome:

# make
        gcc -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl
-I/usr/local/ssl/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl
nrpe.c: In function 'main':
nrpe.c:233: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
nrpe.c: In function 'read_config_dir':
nrpe.c:529: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function 'snprintf'
nrpe.c: In function 'handle_connection':
nrpe.c:1094: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function 'snprintf'
nrpe.c:1109: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function 'snprintf'
nrpe.c:1125: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function 'snprintf'
nrpe.c: In function 'my_system':
nrpe.c:1281: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function 'snprintf'
nrpe.c: In function 'process_arguments':
nrpe.c:1843: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function 'snprintf'
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .get_dh512
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more information.
collect2: ld returned 8 exit status

Stop.
# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.0

Regards
Martin

--
"All general statements are false."
"If atheism is a religion, then not collecting stamps is a hobby."