Scheduling queue falling behind.

Randal Kornelsen RKornelsen at extremenetworks.com
Thu Feb 15 22:52:12 CET 2007

I had this problem and Jason describes one work-around to it (making host
checks complete as fast as possible).  My solution was to disable all host
checks (my latency was still too high even with fast host checks).

My understanding is that Nagios must complete the host checks of a down host
before ANY service checks on any host are performed.  If a host is down and
your checks are configured to run over X number of minutes Y times then you
are stalled for that long.  If you have multiple hosts down then you can
just multiply your latency.

Prove this to yourself by going in to each configured host that you have
that is down and disabling the host checks.  Your service checks should come
right up to time.

Randal