Question about Next Scheduled Active Check

James Michael Keller jmkeller at houseofzen.org
Mon Jul 23 20:00:08 CEST 2007

Andy Moran wrote:

> Occasionally my nagios installation will stop checking some tests..
> When I look, it'll say "Next Scheduled Active Check" with a time in
> the past, or sometimes "N/A".    Restarting Nagios seems to fix the
> issue.
>
> I'm running Nagios 2.4.   Is this a known issue that's fixed in later
> versions, or perhaps a configuration problem?  (This is with 331
> service checks, one Nagios server).
>
> --Andy

I belive that is handled by the 'Check For Orphaned Services' option:

"This option allows you to enable or disable checks for orphaned service
checks. Orphaned service checks are checks which have been executed and
have been removed from the event queue, but have not had any results
reported in a long time. Since no results have come back in for the
service, it is not rescheduled in the event queue. This can cause
service checks to stop being executed. Normally it is very rare for this
to happen - it might happen if an external user or process killed off
the process that was being used to execute a service check. If this
option is enabled and Nagios finds that results for a particular service
check have not come back, it will log an error message and reschedule
the service check. If you start seeing service checks that never seem to
get rescheduled, enable this option and see if you notice any log
messages about orphaned services."

**

--
James Michael Keller