upgrade Nagios

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Wed May 2 07:59:17 CEST 2007

On 26/04/07 02:43 AM, Aritz.Lazkano at DaimlerChrysler.com wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I´m working with my nagios 2.7 and i´ve to upgrade to version 3.
>
> What i´ve to do to preserve my services? Is it enougth if i copy "urs"
> folder in the new version of Nagios?
> Someone has done this?

Depending on the complexity of your config you may of may not have to
change anything in the object configuration files.

Also since many options have been added to the main config file
(nagios.cfg) I suggest that you take the new one from 3.0 and manually
merge changes from your old config. If you're in a hurry though keeping
the old file will likely work.

Thomas