submit_check_result always critical

Robert Gil rgil at liquidnet.com
Wed Nov 14 04:26:53 CET 2007

Getting a similar error. Still critical every time.

Nov 13 22:16:53 SERVER nagios: EXTERNAL COMMAND:
PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;rem5;NTP;2;(No output!)
Nov 13 22:17:02 SERVER nsca[10294]: Handling the connection...
Nov 13 22:17:03 SERVER nsca[10294]: SERVICE CHECK -> Host Name: 'rem5',
Service Description: 'Time', Return Code: '2', Output: '(No output!)'
Nov 13 22:17:03 SERVER nsca[10294]: End of connection...
Nov 13 22:17:03 SERVER nagios: EXTERNAL COMMAND:
PROCESS_SERVICE_CHECK_RESULT;rem5;Time;2;(No output!)

define command{
        command_name    submit_check_result
        command_line
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/submit_check_result $HOSTNAME$
'$SERVICEDESC$' $SERVICESTATE$ '$SERVICEOUTPUT$'
        }